Our Real Estate Blog
More Info on this Property | New Listing Alerts
2 Pilgrim Rd, Chelmsford, MA 01824
Here are five tips for when that redecorating urge strikes but you haven't got the budget or time to do a lot. You likely could do all of these ideas for less than $50 and still give your room a new look.
- Fresh Flowers: You don't need a fifty dollar bouquet to make a room pretty, but any place will get an immediate boost with a bit of living, breathing greenery. Consider a $20 tropical flower, large enough to fill an empty corner, and spend another twenty on a colorful bunch of fresh-cut flowers. This will give your room an instant punch.
- Bowl of fruit and table cloth: Don’t underestimate the zest and color that a large bowl of fresh fruit lends to your kitchen, dining room, and even the coffee table. You can also fill a pottery dish with a variety of fruits, or a tall glass vase with a single fruit (citrus such as lemons or limes) or even line up a row of green apples along the coffee or dining table for a contemporary feel. Select new table linen in the trendiest color of the season to give your room a real lift or invest in a crisp white or cream cloth for a classic look.
- Baskets: You don't have to a country girl or guy to appreciate the cozy look of baskets in the home. Even the modern room can benefit from a bit of wood or rattan. The primary purpose here, however, is to hide your clutter. You will feel refreshed if you add a few baskets and fill them with magazines, toys or hobby materials. It is an easy way to contain the everyday clutter that you can't stow away. Clearing up space is always a good look.
- Throw Pillows: You can find two throw pillows for less than $50 and even add a cozy blanket to your collection. This is an affordable and easy way to go if you are looking to make a statement. Consider the contrast of light pillows for a dark room, textures and solid colors to add color to a neutral place. And for this price, you can change it seasonally!
- New Paint: Admittedly, for the more ambitious, paint is a fantastic way to create a stunning look in little time. Try a creative look by painting a feature wall in a stunning but complementary color (that is the fireplace wall, that blank wall behind the couch and other spaces that can be useful). You can even tape off a small section (this is called color blocking) to focus attention on a collection of pictures, or behind a mirror, or around the fireplace.
Check your local craft store today for home décor accessories that will light up your living area.
36 Mason Street, Nashua, NH 03060